[check our coronavirus protection procedures – Gyms4you]
[Updated 3/18/2020. 11:17]
Check out the latest, timely and accurate information on coronavirus on the new Government official website – koronavirus.hr
[Updated 3/17/2020. 12:00]
Guidance for SELF-ISOLATION
Disease caused by new coronavirus
HOW TO ADAPT DAILY LIFE IN CROATIA
Additional instructions for individuals – what you can do for yourself and your loved ones: Wash your hands as often as possible, and be sure to wash them before and after preparing food, before eating, after using the toilet, after coming outside, after cleansing your nose, and whenever your hands look dirty . Wash running water with tap and soap should be used for hand washing, and if it is not feasible at the moment, you can also use an alcohol-based disinfectant (at least 60% ethyl alcohol) that should be rubbed well into your palms.
- After washing your hands with soap and water, it is advisable to use disposable paper towels to dry your hands. If such are not available, use towels and replace them when wet.
- When you cough and rain, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or paper handkerchief, which you later discard into the recycle bin with the lid on and wash your hands. When coughing and sneezing, turn your face away from other people.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and eyes with your hands.
- Do not share glasses, mugs, other utensils or cutlery with others.
- Ventilate the premises and stay as outdoors as possible.
- When playing with children, use hard, smooth surfaces that can be easily cleaned.
- Avoid contact with people who have fever, coughs and / or shortness of breath.
- Avoid handling, hugging and kissing and keep a distance of at least 1m when talking.
- Avoid larger groups of people and public gatherings.
- Walk and bike as much as possible while avoiding using public transport.
- In public transport, cinemas, theaters and other public areas, if you can not avoid them, sit as close as possible to other persons, and in particular, strictly observe all hygiene rules.
- Don’t smoke! Quitting smoking decreases the risk of developing severe pulmonary disease caused by the new coronavirus.
- At least twice a day, clean all touch surfaces: desktops, smartphones and other phones, POS devices, keyboards, consoles, computers, and other touch surfaces used by more people
* If you have symptoms of respiratory illness (cough, sneezing, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath) contact an epidemiologist:
Phone list of epidemiologists on standby
* Stay at home (do not go to work, school, other collectives, larger family gatherings and public places).
To find out more:
Questions and answers about the disease caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19
Telephone numbers of the Croatian Institute of Public Health for coronaviruses: 091 468 30 32 and 099 468 30 01. Available every working day from 8am to 10pm and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 2pm.